You All Ought to be Ashamed of Your Damn Selves

by Fred

I seriously thought this video would be more disturbing than it was. My drunken brother and I thought it was disturbing– and we used to throw cats at each other. Not much bothers us.

I posted this on facebook, and the comments are all sweet and mild, like, “What software is that?” I guess facebook users aren’t disturbed by a rich white guy swinging a whip at a negro public servant.

I’m not really admonishing you friends of The Fred Effect. You guys are excellent. I’m admonishing the YouTube and facebook people. You are jaded. Too many Transformer movies, probably.

Incidentally, if I’ve seemed distant lately, please remember that I love you all. I try to get around to as many of your sites as I can. Cartooning takes much more time than writing. I like the hard work, and I’m glad that you all don’t have to read so much text from me. Text is okay, but I’m just not feeling very “text”y lately.

More cartoons to come!

Bookmark and Share

{ 43 comments… read them below or add one }

TessaLeFae

I’m more offended by Romney’s real life singing. I’ve heard mating cats sound better.

Linda Medrano

This is hysterically funny. But then, maybe I’m a little twisted.

karen somethingorother

perhaps too many people have forgotten history, thanks to so many shiny distracting things that need to be PURCHASED. Those who forget history, etc, etc. Anyhoo, it was a really good cartoon though Fred, and even I was sitting there admiring how you mixed all the voices together, and wondering how you did it. My bad.

If I were God...

Why admonish the Facebook people?
You know they’re not real, right?

Gorilla Bananas

I assumed the whip was a bit of extra percussion for the music, rather than an instrument to punish the president. They make a good duo. How about calling them Uncle Remus and Brer Rabbit?

Daisy the Curly Cat

I thought it was pretty hilarious. But I am a little bit worried Romney might use that whip on his dog Seamus. Um, if Seamus were still alive that is…

Sheila

. I cannot say I have ever been able to be, or have felt, ashamed that I am a natural-born citizen of the United States of America. NOR that my country is what it is. I only hope that a year from now I will have cause to be as proud of myself as a citizen of such a great nation as I am of my country. I will never choose to be anything other. And WOULD never wish to be anything other than a young adult with the freedom to say what I please, what I believe, no matter who is in office or what he or she does– this is a given.

Ruthie

I did enjoy this post and I am happy I ahve found this…thank a lot!

Vivian73

Thanks for sharing with us this creative video clips, it was really indeed…

Ronifelle

This is a funny post but I have learned something from this…

Tina

I think it’s funny, too, Fred, but what I like about your posts is that since you couch them in humour, they may also give pause for reflection to people who think there are never moments when they absolutely should feel ashamed and wish to change certain attitudes and actions of their fellow Americans. I am an ex-pat American, married to a British-Australian; I certainly have moments when I hang my head for both countries in moments of shame. This does not mean I don’t love these countries. I take a dim view of the wilfully blind who refuse to criticise the land of their birth when the criticism is justified, and may help to make much needed change in the culture; there are times when it must be acknowledged that the emperor is quite naked! I think the ability to reflect dispassionately upon a country one loves, and which one is a citizen of, is a fundamental necessity to being a good citizen of the world – which, if you are going to travel and live overseas, you need to be. When we engage defensively in rhetoric, constantly preening ourselves and saying how “great” we are – in short, being blindly patriotic, bombastic and vain – it usually means we are short on self-reflection, self-criticism, and the ability to understand in a meaningful way how our attitudes and behaviours impact on others who are not just like us (which, guess what, turns out to be MOST OF THE WORLD). Unfortunately, there’s a lot of that going around, common as dirt, which is why I comment upon it here. Thanks for all your funny and clever and poignant work, Fred! Cheers, Tina

Tina

PS Sorry, that was probably way too long, but I don’t know how to go back and edit once I hit “reply.” My apologies!

Dianna

How I wish people will make a change using their one vote that will provides huge things to all of us… Funny video clips, but I hope election won’t funny as well….

Trexcy

Most of us were link our selves at Facebook, and I consider it as social community, without any criticism/ discrimination from one another… I don’t think that it provide a special tribute to all the white man than black, everyone is level and can be a great friends…

Jesslie

This is really funny but I think, aside from the humor, there are a lot of things we have learned as well…Thanks for this!

Caroline72

The video make me laugh..I will share this to my friends that they will have a big smile in their face..But in serious way.hope that we don’t have a funny elections.

MaDhares

Who made this video?it looks really very funny…I enjoyed reading this and watching the video…I hope you can post more too…

Luna

Very funny post! It really made me LOL.. :) I really had a blast stopping by here.. Love to be back here for more..

Charmaine

You’re exactly right; it’s “stubborn pride”. Having to take food stamps means you couldn’t make enough money on your own, it makes us think we’re “losers” and is a tremendous blow to our ego…

Cley

this so nice and I like this Article.
thanks that you sheared this.

Nicole

I really enjoyed this a lot…thank you for making my day…

Bianca

You make me laugh.. the video was fun.. But then, maybe a little twisted.. Looking forward for more video cartoons from your site.. Thanks for sharing..

Louise

I really found this post interesting! I’ll be pinning this on pinterest!

Kenneth

I really loved your post! I’ll be pinning this on pinterest!

Brien27

These video makes me laugh…I will share these to my friends…

Maryam

Very creative video, very funny! I am quite frustrate with “Obama’s” performance as he sit as the president… Hopefully a person who will change to him will grab a great opportunity and make itself worthy…

Kyla

Creative video. I enjoy watching. Thanks for the post.

Rosalie

I really hope you can post more of this because this is very interesting and has excitement too…

Lacey12

Very creative video and I want to witness some more funny creation…

avril

The video made me laugh. But I feel a bit of guilt. President of the United States is one of the characters.

Liz

I found the video funny. But using President characters made me a bit of depress.

If I were God...

Dr Fred-enstein,
3 weeks is too long for you to be away. The blogosphere is blander for you absence. Get back to business before Knucklehead does a “Whatever happened to…” about YOU.

karen somethingorother

oh where oh where can our friend Fred be??? Hope all is well with you and yours, Fred.

Audra

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would definitely benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Regards!

DivinneGrace

I think you have to update your site here because we are all waiting for your next post…Thanks!

Matthew A. Bailey

Thanks for sharing with us this creative video clips, it was really indeed. I really hope you can post more of this.

Moran

Positive thoughts and confidence, I always hold on with this word to make all things possible…

Florence18Moore

There’s nothing impossible for those who aim to the greatness of life…

Sandra92

Moving is about making all things possible, there’s nothing impossible for those who are able to attain every success in our life…

Harold K.Russell

Thanks for sharing with us this creative video clips, it was really indeed.

Maya Sutherland

This is hilarious, I can’t stop my self laughing at loud… This video takes lots creativity, thanks much for sharing.

kathy867

I always believe that there are always possible in life…Thanks for sharing your creative video..

Debbie Jackson

The message is great and at the same time I enjoy watching the video.